Hi lovelees ♥ Let’s admit it, we put our lips through the wringer. We try on different lip colors and wear some dry matte liquid lipsticks. All of this pulling and tugging is not good for our lips. Our lips are very delicate, lip care is just as important as skin care. Summer will be coming to an end soon and Fall will be approaching before we know it. The extreme weather conditions can make our lips look dehydrated and dull. I have put together my lip routine and what works for me. I hope the tips I listed for you below help prepare you for the next couple of months.
- Removing Lip Products– When removing any lip product remember not to pull or tug at your lips, this will just make your lips irritated. Instead use a makeup remover that’s for the eyes and lips. I use KIKO Cleansing Eyes & Lips Makeup Remover. You should use something soft like a cotton pad to remove lip products.
- Exfoliating is Key- I exfoliate my lips at least 2x a week to remove any dead skin. This creates a smooth canvas for anything I put on my lips. I love using Pure Smile Choosy Lip Scrub, it’s a scrub that gets the job done but is very gentle on the lips. I use my fingers to massage the product in, then use warm water to wipe it off. My lips are left looking pouty and soft.
- Use a Lip Balm– Lip balms are a great way to keep your lips hydrated. They can be used during the day and through the night. I sometimes even use a lip balm before putting on a liquid lipstick because I know it will help keep my lips hydrated. I always reach for my eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit. It smells so yummy and keeps my lips moisturized for hours. I even keep a spare on my desk at work.
- Stay Hydrated– Drinking water will help keep your lips hydrated and prevent them from cracking or chafing. I know this seems like common knowledge but I know when I become so busy at work I forget to drink water. My skin and lips usually pay for it later.
- Try a Lip Mask– Incorporate a lip mask into your routine about 1x week or anytime your feeling you need some extra hydration. You can purchase a one time disposable lip mask or a lip mask that you apply to your lips, sleep with and then wipe off in the morning. I personally love the overnight lip masks because they are working while you sleep. I love using Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, this is one of my Korean beauty discoveries and I am obsessed with this product. When you wake up in the morning your lips will be as soft as a baby’s bum.
After all your hard work, any lip product you apply will look flawless!
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. Don’t forget to follow for more beauty posts ♥
Please share some of your lip care tips down below. I would love to hear them.
Till next time xoxo
*Disclaimer* This post is sponsored but all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.